Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Thursday, May 12, 2022

Pet Shop Boys - I Wouldn't Normally Do This Kind Of Thing (1994)


CD Single

Recently found this disc and figured since I liked the tune, I'd pick up the CD single used. If a little bit is good, more must be better, right? Normally, I'd say yes, but since I already have 3 of these IWDTKOT remixes elsewhere, it didn't turn out to be the most prudent purchase. Ah, well - there's still 4 tracks that are new to me.
Peak on the US Billboard Dance chart: #2

Billboard, January 22, 1994, p. 61

Tracks:
  1. I Wouldn't Normally Do This Kind Of Thing (Album Version) - found on Very
  2. I Wouldn't Normally Do This Kind Of Thing (Club Mix) 
  3. I Wouldn't Normally Do This Kind Of Thing (Wild Pitch Mix) - found on Disco 2
  4. I Wouldn't Normally Do This Kind Of Thing (Extended Nude Mix) - found on Disco 2
  5. West End Girls (Sasha Mix)
  6. Violence (Hacienda Version)
  7. Too Many People
That's 7 tracks in 44 minutes - we certainly used to get bang for our buck with the early '90s CD singles. The best remix of IWNDTKOT is track 4, the Extended Nude Mix. The West End Girls remix is good, not great and the other two b-sides are pleasant enough - Violence is laid back while Too Many People is a full-on typical PSB dance track.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: None, but my back and knees are telling me I shouldn't try the same dance moves I was doing back in '94.

Previously revisited for the blog:
Yes (2009)
Fundamental (2006)
Somewhere (1997)
Bilingual (1996)
Disco 2 (1994)
Very (1993)
Where the Streets Have No Name (I Can't Take My Eyes Off You) (1991)
Discography: The Complete Singles Collection (1991)

No comments:

Post a Comment