Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Madonna - What It Feels Like For A Girl (2001)


CD Single

Madonna's third single release from the Music album. My wife requested this disc, but I'll admit to liking several of the dance mixes.



Peak on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart: #23

Tracks:


I prefer the Oakenfold, Tracy Young Club Mix, and the Tracy Young Cool Out Radio Mix. Skip the last cut. Like any CD with 56 minutes of the same song, it gets redundant rather quickly, but I don't think the label expects you to listen to the thing from start to finish much. At least I hope they didn't.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: Dance music in a crappy minivan driving kids around town to school and soccer practice. That's how we rolled in 2001.

Previously revisited for the blog:
Into The Hollywood Groove (2003)
Ray Of Light (1998)
Don't Cry For Me Argentina (1997)
Evita: The Complete Motion Picture Music Soundtrack (1996)
The Immaculate Collection (1990)
Vogue (1990)
Express Yourself (1989)
Like A Virgin (1984)

No comments:

Post a Comment