Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Madonna - Ray of Light (1998)


CD Single. UK Import.

Madonna's last good single, it's an electronic techno Eurodance tune. In typical Madonna fashion, the song was sonically progressive and one of the first songs of this type to hit the charts with any relevance. Madonna may still be making music on the cutting edge, but I doubt it and I've lost interest anyway. I guess you can still hear her music on Glee. Ain't no Madonna like '80s Madonna.

Peak on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart: #5

Tracks: 4 tracks - the album version and 3 remixes. Of the remixes, the best is the Calderone Club Mix, but the album version is actually the better track here.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: More CD dance single madness from '97-98. I loved me some remix, maybe because I grew up in the era of 12" singles.

Previously revisited for the blog:
Don't Cry For Me Argentina (1997)
Express Yourself (1989)

No comments:

Post a Comment