Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Monday, August 27, 2012

The Best of Nick Heyward & Haircut 100 (1989)


German import

Here we're treated to wonderful, bubblegum pop songs, most of which are available on Haircut 100's Pelican West and Nick Heyward's first two solo albums, North Of A Miracle and Postcards From Home. I have all these tracks on other CDs now, but at the time of purchase I didn't have any of this music on CD, just Pelican West and North Of A Miracle on vinyl. So while this CD doesn't get played much anymore, it was one of my favorites when I bought it. The songs were released in the years 1982-85. There are no liner notes, not even a booklet or credits, simply a track listing.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: Not released in US

Tracks: It's all good, baby.


1 from Pelican West
2 from North Of A Miracle
3 from Postcards From Home
4 non-album single

Today's trivia: Track 13 on this CD, Over The Weekend, was included on the soundtrack for the terrible 1986 Jackie Gleason/Tom Hanks comedic drama, Nothing in Common.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: Purchased at a mall record store in San Antonio in 1994 - I was so excited to find it. If I had only know if the vast selection of CDs of the Internet would be available in a few short years...

Previously revisited for the blog:
The Apple Bed (1998)
Stars In Her Eyes (1998)
Today (1997)
The Man You Used To Be (1997)
A Hard Days Nick (1996)
The World (1995)
Tangled (1995)
From Monday To Sunday (1993)
He Doesn't Love You Like I Do (1993)
I Love You Avenue (1988)
Postcards From Home (1986)
Pelican West (1982)


No comments:

Post a Comment