Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Nick Heyward - He Doesn't Love You Like I Do (1993)


CD Single, UK Import

He Doesn't Love You Like I Do was the lead single from Heyward's 1993 release From Monday To Sunday. It didn't chart in the US and only reached #58 in the UK. Still, there's something about Heyward's songwriting that's I've always liked.

Tracks: The single is good, the second track (is it still called a "b-side"?) is just okay. The true gems on this single are the acoustic versions of Blue Hat For A Blue Day and Whistle Down the Wind which are songs originally from Heyward's wonderful 1983 album North Of A Miracle.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: This single was one of my first discoveries on that newfangled thing called the Internet around 1996. I had no personal income at the time, so the discovery of import CD websites was probably not a good thing.

Previously revisited for the blog:
Stars In Her Eyes (1998)
Today (1997)
A Hard Days Nick (1996)
The World (1995)
I Love You Avenue (1988)
Postcards From Home (1986)

No comments:

Post a Comment