Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Friday, May 17, 2019

Norah Jones - Begin Again (2019)


A 29 minute collection of tunes that won't get as much play around here as some of her other discs (e.g., Day Breaks, Come Away With Me), but a few songs will get ripped to files and added to late night playlists. Promoted as "a collection of singles," this is very mixed bag. As such, it's hit or miss. Metacritic has it rated at 70, which is a bit higher than I'd rate it. I prefer my albums more consistent and my Norah less experiential. Yes, I realize an artist has to grow and Norah has earned the right to do whatever she wants, but I like what I like.


I'm expecting a 14 track deluxe edition to be released within six months because that's what the music industry has come to.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: #164

Tracks (ranked by personal preference):
  1. Wintertime
  2. It Was You
  3. Uh Oh
  4. Just a Little Bit
  5. Begin Again
  6. My Heart is Full
  7. A Song With No Name
Personal Memory Associated with this CD: None

Previously revisited for the blog:
Day Breaks (2016)
...Little Broken Hearts (2012)
The Fall (2009)
Not Too Late (2007)
Feels Like Home (2004)
Come Away With Me (2002)

No comments:

Post a Comment