Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Norah Jones - The Fall (2009)


A few years back, a friend o'the blog gave me the nickname Soft Rock Kid. Anybody with that nickname would like this album.  Lots of mid-tempo beauties with gorgeous melodies and simple orchestration, no production tricks. The best description comes from Rolling Stone's ★★★½ review: "avant-roots music that rocks, albeit gently." I could use a little more of Jones' piano, but that's picking at nits. Simply put, this is Jones' best album since Come Away With Me and perfect for listening in the gloaming.

Luv ya, Norah! Call me!

Peak on the US Billboard 200 chart: #3
Peak on the US Billboard Digital Album chart: #3
Peak on the US Billboard Top Rock Albums chart: #1
Peak on the US Billboard Tastemaker Albums chart: #4
Peak on the US Billboard Top Album Sales chart: #3
[note: enough already with the different charts, Billboard]

Tracks: an album in the true sense - a collection of similar songs whose whole is more than the sum of its parts. Listen from top-to-bottom with no skips, no shuffle. I'd list some highlights, but my preferences change every time I spin this thing. And that's a good thing. However, I'll list the US singles and Billboard chart data:



Personal Memory Associated with this CD: None

Previously revisited for the blog:
...Little Broken Hearts (2012)
Feels Like Home (2004)
Come Away With Me (2002)

No comments:

Post a Comment