Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Sunday, May 26, 2019

Yo-Yo Ma - Six Evolutions: Bach Cello Suites (2018)


Some of the most beautiful music ever written performed by a world class musician, certainly the best cellist I've heard.

Some of the most relaxing and comforting pieces of music I've ever heard. If you are unfamiliar with these works, I encourage you to give them a listen post haste. I believe your quality of life will improve immensely.


Tracks: Over two CDs, Bach's six suites for unaccompanied cello, BWV 1007-1012.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: I've loved these tunes since I first heard them in the mid-80's, I've listened to numerous recordings, purchased the sheet music, performed transcriptions, and loved every minute of it. One of my first CD purchases in early 1988 was Yo-Yo Ma's first recording of these pieces:


Those CDs replaced a 3 LP version I'd purchased no more than three years prior. Over the last 30 years, I've misplaced that CD set but I still hope that I'll come across them one day. They've gotta be somewhere as I'd never part with them voluntarily.

No comments:

Post a Comment