The fourth album from Bluey and the gang. This one features lots of danceable acid jazz/Brit-soul and sweet vocals from Maysa Leak. And not a drum machine or synth horn to be found. We cognoscenti enjoy it, but let's check out what the rabble at Amazon has to say about this album:The album is currently rated at 4.6/5, so the above comments aren't necessarily representative of all reviews and are offered up in the interest of (possible) entertainment.
- "This is a great CD to give as a gift, because it's very 'likeable' without being too generic."
- "...schmaltzy light jazz reminiscent of your local waiting room"
- "It's great to listen to while doing housework and even at work!" [note: I hope by "housework" they don't mean vacuuming]
- "This is my favorite Incognito album featuring excellent music production, the British acid-jazz sound and with more than a few stellar lead vocal performances by Maysa Leak."
- "Hey i'm a musician snd songwriter" [sic]
- "I found myself not listening to the CD from song one to song thirteen because certain songs had a distracting horn section."
- "Maysa's voice, is the cherry on top!" [sic]
- "I received my product in a timely manner and it was in great condition. I would definitely buy from this seller again" [note: there's one in every crowd]
Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: Did not chart
Peak on the US Billboard Contemporary Jazz album chart: #3
Peak on the US Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop album chart: #54
Tracks: All originals. Nothing to skip, but my top picks are Still A Friend Of Mine, Where Do We Go From Here, Positivity, Talkin' Loud, Deep Waters, and Pieces Of A Dream.
Personal Memory Associated with this CD: I've always been captivated by the cover design (I couldn't tell ya why), but I held off on buying this one. That was a mistake.
I forget how much I enjoy listening to this kind of music. Dummy [facepalm]. I'm declaring this afternoon "Acid Jazz Shuffle" day here at blog headquarters and this music will soundtrack my life as I clean leaves from my pool and pour costly chemicals into the water. Anyone want an in-ground pool? Free! (Delivery not included.)
Previously revisited for the blog:
Adventures In Black Sunshine (2004)
The Best of Incognito (2000)