Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Monday, October 24, 2016

Incognito - Eleven (2005)


More acid jazz/funk-pop from Bluey and the Incognito gang. Hard to feel down when this stuff gets goin'. More vocal tracks than usual for Incognito and the horns are more Earth, Wind & Fire than Jerry Hey this time around; it's good to know the group still has a few new tricks. I've been on a late '70s binge of late and this fits right in.

Album chart Peaks
  • US Billboard 200: Did not chart
  • Billboard Contemporary Jazz: #2
  • Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop: #52

Tracks: Today, my favorites are Let The Mystery Be, We Got Music, Baby It's Alright, Will I Ever Learn?, and It's Just One of Those Things. My least favorite track is I'll Get By.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: None

Previously revisited for the blog:
Adventures In Black Sunshine (2004)
The Best of Incognito (2000)

No comments:

Post a Comment