Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Various Artists - Just Can't Get Enough: New Wave Halloween (1998)


This is one of four companion CDs to the 15 volume New Wave Hits of the '80s set released in the mid-'90s by Rhino Records. I'm not a big fan of Halloween, so I want to be upfront about that bias, but I am a bit of a completist so I needed this disc to fill out my Just Can't Get Enough collection. While most of the selections are from the early '80s, there's not a lot of New Wave music on this disc (I guess post-punk will have to be close enough). Not all the songs are related to Halloween, but they all have a spooky or horror movie theme to them, so that's easily forgivable. And while I enjoy occasionally hearing The Time Warp as much as the next guy, there's really not many good songs on this disc. In a weak attempt to be fair, I'll admit the focus here is more on lyrics than music.

h/t to Herc over at Herc's Hideaway for providing me with copies of this disc's liner notes to replace my missing booklet. The liner notes aren't up to Rhino's usual high standards, but then, neither is the compilation.

Tracks:

15 tracks, 64 minutes, recordings originally released 1975-89. The better tracks are the contributions from Ministry, The B-52's, Dave Edmunds, and The Dream Syndicate.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: None.

Previously revisited for the blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment