Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Bebel Gilberto - Tanto Tempo Remixes (2001)


BRAZIL WEEK (FEBRUARY 4-10, 2013)

Gilberto is one of my favorite Brazilian singer/songwriters. Her brand of modern bossa nova coupled with a silky smooth voice is always a relaxing treat for me. For this remix CD, thirteen remixers (is that a word? should I call them producers? DJs?) worked with source material from Gilberto's lovely 2000 album, Tanto Tempo. The result is a fairly decent dance album, but not really what I'm looking for when I want to hear some Bebel. Accordingly, this disc doesn't get much playing time around here because I'd rather hear any of her other CDs over these remixes. This might be a good choice for background music at your next poolside cocktail party.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: Did not chart

Tracks:  All 11 original tracks are far better than these 13 remixes. However, the remix of Samba da Benção by 4hero and both the Trüby Trio and the Sin Plomo remixes of Sem Contenção are good dance tracks. The remix of August Day Song by King Britt is a nice way to close the album. My least favorite remix is Alguém remixed by Ananda Project.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD:  Every time I listen to Bebel Gilberto, I inevitably think, "I need to listen to Bebel Gilberto more often."

Previously revisited for the blog:
All in One (2009)
Momento (2007)
Bebel Gilberto (2004)
Tanto Tempo (2000)

No comments:

Post a Comment