Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Toots Thielemans - The Brasil Project (1992)


BRAZIL WEEK (FEBRUARY 4-10, 2013)

I've always enjoyed the harmonica playing of Toots Thielemans when he has performed on other people's records, so when I saw this collaborative CD in a used bin, I picked it up. I was disappointed. It's an all-star cast for sure, but this disc is hit-or-miss with far more miss than hit. Too many ballads for my taste. This disc was quickly followed up with a sequel. I'll pass on that one.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: Did not chart

Tracks:  For me, the only tracks that are worth repeated listenings are Obi, Felicia And Bianca, and Manhã De Carnaval.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: None

No comments:

Post a Comment