Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Bebel Gilberto - All in One (2009)


It's hard to describe Bebel Gilberto's musical style: Brazilian bossa meets electronica meets pop meets downbeat meets... I don't mind hearing Bebel sing in English, but when she sings in her native Portuguese, the songs are absolutely breathtaking. All 12 songs on this disc are very different, but the CD is cohesive at the same time - great sequencing. I find it all very relaxing while being interesting enough to demand your attention.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: Did not chart

Tracks: There's a nice take on the classic Bim Bom, and I also like Canção de Amor, The Real Thing, and Segredo. There's no track that makes me want to hit the skip button.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: Every time I listen to Bebel Gilberto, I inevitably think, "I need to listen to Bebel Gilberto more often."

No comments:

Post a Comment