Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Sunday, July 21, 2024

Various Artists - Windham Hill Records: Sampler '82 (1982)


Selections from the Windham Hill Records album catalogue. This album was the second such sampler issued from Windham Hill, a New Age label that existed from 1976-2007.


Album chart peaks:
  • US Billboard 200: Did not chart
  • Billboard Jazz: #33


Tracks, with my picks indicated ():
  1. Remedios - William Ackerman from the album Passage
  2. Blosson/Meadow - George Winston from the album Winter Into Spring
  3. The Happy Couple - Michael Hedges from the album Breakfast In The Field
  4. Minou's Waltz - Ira Stein & Russel Walder from the album Elements
  5. A Thousand Teardrops - Shadowfax from the album Shadowfax
  6. Wedding Rain - Liz Story from the album Solid Colors
  7. Tideline - Darol Anger & Barbara Higbie from the album Tideline
  8. Purple Mountain - Scott Cossu from the album Wind Dance
  9. Clockwork - Alex de Grassi from the album Clockwork

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: None. I wasn't much into this stuff until later in the decade, around '87-'89. While I enjoy the music and find it quite relaxing and meditative, I can only handle it in small doses - usually no more than one album at a time. Go figure.

I recently picked up this disc from a local thrift store for a quarter, partially because of the music, but mainly because it still had the original smooth-sided jewel case. In the past, I would often remark that I'm not a CD collector, but rather a music junkie who just happens to prefer buying CDs to other formats. However, when I buy a disc because of the packaging, I need to go ahead and acknowledge the fact that I am indeed a CD collector. "Hi, my name is Mark, and I'm a CD collector."

Previously revisited for the blog:
Sampler '94 (1994)
Windham Hill - The First Ten Years (1990)


No comments:

Post a Comment