Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Monday, November 27, 2023

Zero 7 - Simple Things Remixes (2001)


I was unaware this remix album even existed until I saw it in the 50¢ used bin. I love the original Simple Things album so why not? Unfortunately, all this thing really did was send me scrambling to spin my Simple Things CD. These aren't bad tracks and at times I find myself dancing along, but I prefer the originals.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: Did not chart

Tracks: 32 minutes.
  1. Distractions (Bugz in the Attic Remix)
  2. In the Waiting Line (Dorfmeister con Madrid de los Austrias Dub)
  3. Destiny (Photek Remix)
  4. Distractions (Madlib's Ynq Remix)
  5. End Theme (Roni Size's Tear It Up Remix)
  6. Destiny (Music Video)
The better tracks are 2 & 3. Track 4 is interesting in that it is a dance remix in three, which makes it seem unsteady throughout and that's good enough reason to take a pass on it. Track 5 is a DnB mess that renders the source material unrecognizable. Perhaps that was the point.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: None

Previously revisited for the blog:
Yeah Ghost (2009)
The Garden (2006)
When It Falls (2004)
Simple Things (2001)

No comments:

Post a Comment