Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Monday, February 14, 2022

Various Artists - Smooth Grooves: After Hours (2000)


If you like your sensual, pleading, late-night, champagne-drenched, mid-tempo jams direct from the R&B charts of the '80s à la Marvin Gaye's Sexual Healing, have I got a 78 minute compilation for you.


Before purchasing this disc, I was familiar with artists' names but not these particular tunes. However, they all have their intended effect, ifyouknowwhatImean. Great Rhino liner notes.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: Did not chart

Tracks, with my top picks checked:
SongArtist
Year
R&B
Pop

Risin' To The TopKeni Burke198263
✔
Sugar FreeJuicy 198513

FirestarterTease 198611

Silver ShadowAtlantic Starr 1985


Slow DownLoose Ends 19861

CuriousMidnight Star 1984

✔
Who Do You LoveBernard Wright 19856
✔
Come Into My LifeJoyce Sims 198710

Gotta Get You Home TonightEugene Wilde 1984183
Don't Look Any FurtherDennis Edwards
feat. Siedah Garrett
1984272
Inside OutOdyssey 198212104✔
Don't Say No (Tonight)Eugene Wilde 1985176✔
Can You Treat Me Like She Does?Real To Reel 1983


Lollipop LuvBryan Loren 198423105
I Want To Be Your ManRoger
1987
13

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: I'll get back to you.

Previously revisited for the blog:
A Sensual Collection, Volume 1 (1995)
A Sensual Collection, Volume 3 (1995)
A Sensual Collection, Volume 4 (1995)
A Sensual Collection, Volume 6 (1996)
Smooth Grooves Live (2001)
Smooth Jazz, Vol. 1 (2000)
Smooth Jazz, Vol. 2 (2000)
Smooth Jazz, Vol. 3 (2000)


No comments:

Post a Comment