Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Saturday, May 30, 2020

213 - Three Little Words (2019)


Import disc from EU (maybe? My disc was shipped from the Netherlands).

Recorded in 1981, released in 2019. For the full backstory on this album, check out this post or the Warrior Records website. On the latter, co-producer Bill Meyers compares the sound of the band as "a cross between Pablo Cruise, the Doobies, and hopefully a little Steely Dan."


I'd say it leans more to Pages and/or Toto than the above groups, but if you're looking for that characteristic 1981 westcoast/AOR/yacht rock/smooth pop sound, you'll find it here and it's authentic. The writing is sophisticated, but could use a few more hooks. In other words, it's quite pleasant to listen to, but I don't find myself humming these tunes.



Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: Did not chart

Tracks: My top picks today are the title track, Under Her Spell, Couldn't Be Happier, and Look Inside Yourself.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: I'm pretty sure I first heard of this album on social media. I believe social media will ultimately bring about the end of civilization, but it can't be all bad if it's hipping me to good tunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment