Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Marc Broussard - S.O.S.: Save Our Soul (2007)


An album of soul/R&B covers and one original song. The covers are fairly straight ahead, which I normally don't care for, but Broussard is such a fantastic performer I don't mind much. This boy was obviously raised right and this album comes off more as a love letter to the past rather than cultural appropriation and I enjoy taking it for a spin every now and then. Still, I have to agree with Richie Unterberger when he writes that "if you made a mixtape of the originals, though, it would blow this out of the water..." but you could say that about most cover albums.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: #96
Peak on Billboard R&B albums chart: #59

Tracks: My top tracks include You Met Your Match, Let The Music Get Down In Your Soul, Love And Happiness, and Yes We Can, Can.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: I've got one, but I'll keep this one to myself.

Previously revisited for the blog:
Carencro (2004)

No comments:

Post a Comment