Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Marc Broussard - Carencro (2004)


Here's all you need to know: I was only recently hipped to the "bayou soul" music of singer/songwriter/guitarist Broussard and this disc has taken up residence in my truck's CD player for the past three months.

My favorite "new-to-me" CD of 2015. More Broussard to follow.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: Did not chart

Tracks:  My faves are Home (which was recently opted by ESPN for NBA ads), Rocksteady, Come Around, Lonely Night in Georgia, Saturday, and Hope For Me Yet.  The only problem here is the dreaded "hidden track" which modern technology has fortunately made obsolete.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: Within a month of hearing Broussard for the first time, the wife and I caught him in concert in Tyler, Texas on November 7.


We thought the show was grooving but we didn't know he would kick it up a notch for the final third of the show. If he's in your area, it's well worth your while.

And now the CD goes back into the truck.

Blog post #1250

No comments:

Post a Comment