Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Monday, February 20, 2017

Heart - Dreamboat Annie (1976)


The debut album from the Wilson sisters. There's rock tunes here, but also more folky Joni Mitchell-esque tunes as well - a nice mix. Overall, a fair-to-middlin' album, but definitely better than their later arena rock stuff. Wish we heard more deep cuts from this one on the classic rock radio format.

Press of the time:

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: #7

Tracks: And right out of the gate, we're hit with Magic Man - what a great single (#9 pop) and I loved it as a ten year old kid because it got all kinds of airplay in west Texas. The other single, which I prefer, is Crazy On You. Those are the two best tunes here, but I also dig White Lightning & Wine. I don't seek out the other tunes but I don't mind if they shuffle around every now and then.



Personal Memory Associated with this CD: As with much music of this time, I'm reminded of hanging out in the hot west Texas desert with my friends, listening to AM radio, catching horny toads in the alleys.


Previously revisited for the blog:
Greatest Hits 1985-1995 (2000)

1 comment:

  1. It was such a good day when Dad brought this album home. A good, good day. From that point forward, I began sneaking listens to his albums and 45s on his turntable and headphones as often as possible. It was against the rules and I paid the price a few times but I think I benefited from the experience in the long run.

    My other childhood memory of this one is me and my friends talking about how "trippy" and "psychedelic" the song "Magic Man" was.

    Anyone else think that pic of the Wilson sisters makes them look like The Runaways?

    ReplyDelete