A fantastic late night album. An all-star group playing all-star tunes:
What's not to like 'bout that? While it's Brecker's album, Herbie Hancock steals the show - no small feat among this crew. Grab the person and beverage of your choice and have a listen after a romantic dinner.
Allmusic gives it ★★★★½ while Down Beat gave it ★★★★. Sounds about right to me.
2 Grammy Awards:
- Best Jazz Instrumental Solo: Michael Brecker for Chan's Song
- Best Male Pop Vocal Performance: James Taylor for Don't Let Me Be Lonely Tonight
- Earl Klugh - Late Night Guitar
- Just Passing Through: The Breithaupt Brothers Songbook, Vol. II
- Miles Davis - Acoustic
- Stan Getz, João Gilberto, Antonio Carlos Jobim - Getz/Gilberto
- Wynton Marsalis - Standard Time, Vol. 5: The Midnight Blues
|Billboard, June 23, 2001|
Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: Did not chart
Peak on the Billboard Jazz Albums chart: #5
Tracks: My favorites are Chan's Song, Don't Let Me Be Lonely Tonight, Midnight Mood, and Always. But a great listen from track 1 through 11.
Personal Memory Associated with this CD: None.