Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Monday, October 12, 2015

Robert Randolph & The Family Band - Colorblind (2006)


Feel good music for feel good people. After loving the first two RR albums, I immediately bought this CD the week of its release. This album doesn't quite measure up to those two, but that would be a tough order to fill. No matter, this album has its share of great tracks. If it's possible to shred a pedal steel guitar, Randolph does so, and on every track (he even upstages Eric Clapton on track 5!). Lots of influence here from Mark Batson and Dave Matthews who had recently finished working together on Stand Up. I don't listen to this one as much as I should, probably because when I grab a RR CD from the shelves, I pick up one of the first two albums. Embarrassingly and inexplicably, I haven't purchased the Randolph albums released after this one. I should rectify that shortly.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: #75

Tracks:  The stellar tracks here are Ain't Nothing Wrong With That, Deliver Me, and Thrill Of It. Also good are Diane, Stronger (featuring powerful vocals from Leela James), and Love Is The Only Way. I'll skip Angels, the humdrum rote cover of Jesus Is Just Alright, and Blessed.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD:  None, but I sure wish I had a concert story to go along with this one. I should rectify that shortly.


Previously revisited for the blog:
Unclassified (2003)
Live at The Wetlands (2002)

No comments:

Post a Comment