Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Kim Waters - Someone To Love You (2002)


"The sexiest sound in smooth urban jazz" - well, at least that's what it says on the back cover. It's a claim Waters tries his best to live up to (and often succeeds). Waters has a nice tone and his composition/production skills are in top form here. It's all very easy to listen to, often more instrumental R&B than jazz at times. Of the three Waters CDs on my shelves, this was the first I purchased and I think it's the best. Waters isn't taking any chances here and that's just what his listeners expect. It's perfect for a late night romantic rendezvous with my lady at my downtown loft overlooking the city lights as we sip a merlot. Waitaminute - I don't have a downtown loft, don't drink wine, and can't seem to stay up past 10 PM. Never mind (but the music's still good).


Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: Did not chart

Tracks:  I was hooked from the first time I heard Waterfall on a smooth jazz radio station. Other good tracks are You Know That I Love You, The Ride, Riverside Drive, and the Chuck Loeb collaboration In The House. I don't normally skip any tracks plus the sequencing flows well.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD:  During my grad school days in Houston, I often listened to the now defunct jazz station (KHJZ, the "Wave") on the commute so this disc always reminds me of that time (2004-06) and that station.


 
Previously revisited for the blog:
One Special Moment (1999)
Peaceful Journey (1993)

No comments:

Post a Comment