Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Friday, April 6, 2012

Kim Waters - Peaceful Journey (1993)


I don't think this album sold many copies. I've been able to find only one review online and that is the one customer review on Amazon.com. I bought my copy for $2 in the clearance bin at Half-Price Books. I normally enjoy Waters' saxophone playing and his brand of soulful urban jazz, but this wasn't his best release. Definitely an early '90s production, the only "playing" credits on the album are for saxophone, vocals, keyboards, and Macintosh programming. As a result, some of this music hasn't aged well. On the other hand, a few tracks don't sound much different from what's coming out today. Harmless smooth jazz, possibly worth the $2.

Tracks: Skip the cover of Boyz II Men's End Of The Road, although the cover of Venessa Williams' Save The Best For Last is good. The remaining cuts are originals and, as mentioned earlier, there's a few good cuts here: Never Leave Me, Silky Smooth, and Easy Does It. The drum machine is more than I can take on Kick It. Miles Jaye, a former singer in the Village People, adds his vocals to Late Night Hour ('nuff said).

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: None

Previously revisited for the blog:
One Special Moment (1999)

No comments:

Post a Comment