Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Friday, June 28, 2013

Les Nubians - Princesses Nubiennes (1998)


Les Nubians is a duo of sisters who've lived in France and Chad. I'd describe their music as Sade meets Soul II Soul with worse writing/arranging/producing. I heard the group's song Les Portes Du Souvenir on a World Market compilation CD and immediately loved it. Streaming music and YouTube not being available at the time, I had to buy this CD to hear more of the duo's music, which, for the most part, doesn't resemble the previously mentioned song. Too much hip-hop influence for my tastes; females rapping in French isn't my thing. Not terrible, but not something I seek out to hear. Ah well, we all have CDs in our collections that we own for just one track.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: #100
Peak on Billboard R&B albums chart: #25

Tracks: Other than Les Portes Du Souvenir, the only tracks that do anything for me are the more pop-sounding Demain and Si Je T'Avais Écouté.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: None

No comments:

Post a Comment