Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Black Eyed Peas - The E.N.D. (2009)


An ill-advised purchase for my wife and sons. After listening, I find myself agreeing with the allmusic review:
The Black Eyed Peas make effective pop/crossover music, but with all the limitations of the form -- vapid lyrics, clumsy delivery, vocals smoothed over by Auto-Tune, and songwriting that constantly strains for (and reaches) the lowest common denominator. The E.N.D. (Energy Never Dies) is a mess of pop/dance/rap crossover.
I can't overstate my hatred of Auto-Tune. Maybe I'm too old.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: #1 (2 weeks between June 27 - July 11, 2009)

Tracks:  I hate to admit it, but I Gotta Feeling is catchy. So that's one decent track out of 15.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: Today is the first time I've listened to the entire CD from start to finish. It is very long.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh... I'd rather piss-off a hive of vengeful bees than listen to any of the Black-Eyed Peas albums.

    ReplyDelete