Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

William Ackerman - In Search of the Turtle's Navel (1976)


"LET'S GET IT OVER WITH" WEEK (OCTOBER 15-21, 2012)

Early New Age solo acoustic guitar noodling. According to Allmusic, "For many people, this is the album that invented new-age music." Whatevs. It's a little too folksy/bluegrassy for my tastes. I purchased this CD simply because it was $1 and it was on the Windham Hill label (this album was actually the first release on Windham Hill, which was founded by Ackerman and his wife). Not my bag, but I've wasted $1 on worse things. For more info and original album art, click here.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: Did not chart

Tracks: For the most part, the track titles are more creative than the music.


Personal Memory Associated with this CD: None.



No comments:

Post a Comment