Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - Let's Face It (1997)


"LET'S GET IT OVER WITH" WEEK (OCTOBER 15-21, 2012)


Sure, the above meme will be dated soon (if it isn't already dated), but, unlike this album of ska-punk mess, 2 Tone doesn't sound dated at all. Even though this album is only 33 minutes long, I get tired of it very quickly.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: #27 (July 12, 1997)

Tracks: It's not all bad. The tolerable songs are Royal Oil and The Impression That I Get.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: One of the high school bands I worked with played a decent arrangement of The Impression I Get in the stands at football games. I had never heard the original, so when I saw this in a used bin, I took a chance. Sure enough, it's by far the best track on the album.

No comments:

Post a Comment