Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Various Artists - When I'm Hungry, I Eat: Songs About Food (1996)


"LET'S GET IT OVER WITH" WEEK (OCTOBER 15-21, 2012)

70 minutes of indie/alt/twee/DIY bands you've never heard of singing songs about food and drink.  Sounds like they were all recorded direct to a 1960's-era 4-track recorder in the storage room behind my garage at 3 AM.  This CD was purchased solely to hear track 3, a rare cover of a classic tune by The Judy's, Guyana Punch.  Unfortunately, it's not even a good cover.  Track 20 is a cover of The Cure's Boys Don't Cry with new lyrics retitled Bake My Pie. The joke is old by the end of the first verse.

Overall, this is a good CD to listen to while vacuuming, mowing, or using a blender.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: Did not chart

Tracks:

Personal Memory Associated with this CD:  None

No comments:

Post a Comment