Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Stephen Duffy - They Called Him Tintin (1998)


"LET'S GET IT OVER WITH" WEEK (OCTOBER 15-21, 2012)

UK Import

I first heard of Stephen Duffy as the singer songwriter for the group Tintin (or Tin Tin) which had a UK hit in the '80s titled Kiss Me. I first heard Kiss Me on Just Can't Get Enough: New Wave Hits of the '80s, Vol. 8 and it is a great '80s dance song that I once described as "one of the best songs of the 80's that I didn't hear until the '90s." So when I saw this greatest hits compilation in a used CD bin, I thought it would be more of the same. I was incorrect. Mostly this is an eclectic mix of bland pop and pseudo-cabaret songs.

Apparently, Duffy was the bassist/singer and a founder of Duran Duran, but left the band before they hit big. Oops.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart:  Not released in the US

Tracks:  16 of them. In addition to Kiss Me (which appears here twice), the only other song that catches my ear is Icing On The Cake. Neither version of Kiss Me included here are as good as the longer mix included on the compilation mentioned above.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: None

No comments:

Post a Comment