Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Brazilian Girls (2005)


"LET'S GET IT OVER WITH" WEEK (OCTOBER 15-21, 2012)

At amazon.com, there's a customer review of this boring CD that reads: "If Sex and the City were still being made for HBO, the sounds of Brazilian Girls would no doubt provide the background for Carrie and Co. sipping cocktails in a hip Manhattan lounge." That should serve as a warning to you. Bebel Gilberto did this stuff first, does it much better job with better material, and doesn't need to use vulgar lyrics. This CD got good reviews, so I guess I'm just not hip enough to get it. And that's OK since I haven't sipped cocktails in Manhattan in at least 10 years.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: Did not chart

Tracks: The second track, Don't Stop, is a decent dance track.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: None (Although I've learned my lesson about buying a CD based solely on a two sentence recommendation in The New Yorker.)

No comments:

Post a Comment