Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Have Yourself A Looney Tunes Christmas (1994)


I think the title says everything you need to know. For those of us that grew up hearing Mel Blanc doing all the voices, the poorer imitations are noticeable. The Bugs voice is passable, as is Yosemite Sam. Pepe Le Pew, Foghorn Leghorn and Tweety are pitiful. But Taz is good and Daffy and Sylvester are spot on. The music is over-produced and a little too perfect. I haven't listened to this in 10 years, at least, but it's harmless fun. I'll admit that I have laughed aloud a few times while listening to this disc today.

Tracks: 12 tracks in a thankfully brief 32 minutes. There are some traditional Christmas songs sung by Bugs, Duffy, etc. along with a few originals. A bit of what's here: Christmas In Paree, Christmas Chopsticks, and, The Halle-Looney Chorus [groan].

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: I remember buying this at a On Cue store for my young sons. I think On Cue was eventually purchased by Best Buy or Sam Goody. In any case, our local store closed after a few years. When the boys were little, they loved this CD. Their dad? Not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment