Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Friday, August 19, 2011

Music From The Motion Picture Go (1999)


Surely I didn't buy this. It must have been a gag gift from a friend. A dated, subpar soundtrack from a dated, subpar movie. If you want a copy, you can have mine or they're selling used on Amazon for 17 cents.


Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: #67

Tracks: I think I recognize Steal My Sunshine by Len but it may be that I remember the 1976 hit More, More, More by the Andrea True Connection which is heavily sampled (and by "heavily sampled" I mean there is absolutely nothing creative or artistic about the newer song). I've never even heard of some of these groups/DJs/remixers:Leftfield, Lionrock, Esthero, Goldo, etc. There's one decent track by Air, but I already have it on Moon Safari and it's not even one of their better tracks.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: None. I was surprised to see this sitting on its shelf. I don't remember much about the movie except that it had a funny scene about Jay Mohr and that guy from Party Of Five getting "Amwayed" by their boss or dealer or something.

Blog post #350

No comments:

Post a Comment