Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Air - Moon Safari (1998)

[album cover art removed at request of cover artist]

This release was my introduction to the downbeat/chillout genre. I read a review of this CD that said it was the ultimate background music for parties. So I bought it and put it on the next time we had people over to the house. I liked the music so much that I was distracted from the conversations I was having. The music is very retro and uses a lot of analog Moog synths, which always bring back good memories. The group is from France, but if vocals are used (there are many instrumentals here), they are in English. I still enjoy this music, it has held up well over the years.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: Did not chart

Tracks: The opening track, La Femme D'Argent, is good as are All I Need, Kelly Watch the Stars, and Ce Matin La. Not as good are Sexy Boy, Talisman, and New Star In The Sky.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: Reminds me of my back porch at the house where my family lived from 1995-2006. I listened to this CD a lot out there one summer (2000, maybe?).

No comments:

Post a Comment