Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Spyro Gyra - Original Cinema (2003)


Probably my least favorite SG album, but they've released over 20 albums, so I shouldn't expect them all to be good. I think my main complaint is that this doesn't sound much like a Spyro Gyra album, it just sounds like generic smooth jazz.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: Did not chart

Tracks: Of the 13 here, only Party Of Seven (in 7/8, of course), Close Up, Cape Town Love, and Flashback sound like Spyro Gyra tunes. I really want to skip Extrovertical, Film Noir, Calle Ocho, The rest are just bland. Not bad, but not SG. Yes, I'm disappointed.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: When the album was first released, Amazon offered the track Extrovertical as a free mp3 download. I didn't like the song, so I decided I wouldn't purchase the CD. But I just can't pass up cheap CDs at Half Price Books, so this found its way into my collection anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment