Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Dan Siegel - Hemispheres (1995)


I picked up this album a few years ago based on other work I'd heard from Siegel. I paid a dollar. I paid too much. To me, the album sums up everything that was wrong with smooth jazz/world music/new age/instrumental adult contemporary in the mid-'90s. Yawn. I guess I'm missing something because allmusic gave it ★★★★½: "one of his most original and intriguing discs. A smorgasbord of worldbeat sounds, beats, and textures..." Jazziz Magazine also loved it, calling it "one of the most original and intriguing discs of this or any other year." Ah well, the clearance bin is always a crap shoot - you win some, you lose some.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: Did not chart

Tracks: There's ten of them, ranging in length from 2:56 to 5:40.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: None.

Previously revisited for the blog:
Dan Siegel (1982)

No comments:

Post a Comment