Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Monday, January 3, 2022

Erasure - Abba-esque (1992)


It's going to be difficult to write while dancing but I'll give it a shot and hope autocorrect can do its job. This beauty of a disc is a four track EP of Erasure covering Abba tunes. My favorite covers are those where an artist takes a tune and makes it their own and we've got that times four here. If I didn't already know the originals from my youth, I'd have no trouble believing they were '90s dancefloor Erasure originals. We're even treated to some random ragga toasting from MC Kinky in Take A Chance On Me. Fast-paced and vibrant, 18 minutes of great stuff. Would a full-length album of Abba covers be welcome? You bet, but I'll take what I can get.

also available on VHS

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: #85

Tracks: I'll rank 'em for ya -
  1. Take A Chance On Me
  2. Lay All Your Love On Me
  3. Voulez-Vous
  4. S.O.S.

Take A Chance On Me got quite a bit of airplay on whatever Houston radio station(s) I was listening to in 1992.


Personal Memory Associated with this CD: None

Previously revisited for the blog:
Other People's Songs (2003)
Cowboy (1997)
Pop! The First 20 Hits (1992)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your blog, being an avid music lover I read all I can find about it on the internet. I just found your blog, and it gives me hope that everyday people can still write about things other than the current craziness of these times. Happy new year to you.

    ReplyDelete