Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Monday, November 30, 2020

Various Artists - So Blue So Funky: Heroes Of The Hammond Volume 2 (1994)


UK Import

"Just pull out all the stops and get organised!" - bad puns from the liner notes

This disc highlights '60s instrumental R&B (heavy on the B) tunes that feature the Hammond organ. I had high hopes for this compilation, and while it is enjoyable, I'm a little disappointed in it overall - there's no "wow" moment to be found. Still, I'd probably buy volume one if I saw it.

Part of Blue Note's fantastic "Blue Series" compilations from the '90s:


Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: Not released in US

Tracks: 11 tracks, 76 minutes, my top choices marked with a ✔.

Song
 Artist 
 Year   
Where It's At 1965
Meetin' Here 1961
When Malindy Sings 1963
Mary Had A Little Lamb 1963
Can Heat 1962
Morris The Minor 1961
Minor Soul 1967
Somethin' Strange 1961
I Want To Go Home 1968
Street Scene 1969
The Kid 1967


Personal Memory Associated with this CD: None

No comments:

Post a Comment