Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Thursday, September 3, 2020

Bruce Springsteen - Greatest Hits (1995)


Other than the four new songs tacked on to the end, this compilation now plays like the Cliffs Notes version of The Essential Bruce Springsteen. It's mistitled - there's at least 8 'hits' missing - it's more like it should have been titled "Bruce Springsteen: Favorites Plus Four" Don't get me wrong, I dig most of it and Springsteen's legendary status is well-deserved, I'm just disappointed because it could have been better. With 7 top ten singles, the Born In The USA album could be a greatest hits release in itself so picking tracks from that one would be a difficult task, but I'm really missing the title track from Tunnel Of Love, Springsteen's last great single (yeah, I said it).

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: #1

Tracks:
SongHot 100Rock
Born to Run23-
Thunder Road- -
Badlands42-
The River- -
Hungry Heart5-
Atlantic City- 10
Dancing In The Dark21
Born in the U.S.A.9 8
My Hometown66
Glory Days5 3
Brilliant Disguise51
Human Touch16 1
Better Days16-
Streets of Philadelphia9 25
Secret Garden19-
Murder Incorporated- 14
Blood Brothers--
This Hard Land- -

Top 40 omissions: Prove It All Night (#33), Fade Away (#20), Cover Me (#7), I'm On Fire (#6), I'm Goin' Down (#9), War (#8), Tunnel Of Love (#9), and One Step Up (#13).


Personal Memory Associated with this CD: None

Previously revisited for the blog:
The Essential Bruce Springsteen (2003)

No comments:

Post a Comment