Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Saturday, February 4, 2017

Various Artists - More Songs For Sleepless Nights (1993)


A sequel to the Sleepless in Seattle Soundtrack.  Sorta. Well, maybe not. I'll let the liner notes attempt to explain this one:



Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: #124

Tracks: It's not all bad. Of the 13 tracks here, the best are Nat King Cole's When I Fall In Love, Doris Day's Someday I'll Find You, and Tony Bennett's Just In time. I want to dislike the Sinead O'Connor track, I Want To Be Love By You, because I don't want to picture her singing it to me, but the backing big band swings too hard for me to hate it. The skippable tracks are by Bryan Ferry and Jimmy Buffett, both out of their element with These Foolish Things and Stars Fell On Alabama, respectively.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: None, although I have a faint memory of once having to watch the movie with my wife. This CD appeared in on my shelves in a recent CD lot purchased on eBay.

Do I file this with my soundtrack CDs or with my various artists CDs?

Previously revisited for the blog:
Sleepless In Seattle: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (1993)

No comments:

Post a Comment