Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Various Artists - Sleepless In Seattle: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (1993)


GEOGRAPHY WEEK (JANUARY 8-14, 2012)

A hit-or-miss soundtrack compilation of romantic pop standards and old c/w tracks sung by everyone from Jimmy Durante to Carly Simon to Tammy Wynette. Beware! Sleepless In Seattle: The Musical is premiering this summer: http://www.sleeplessinseattlemanagement.com/

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: #1 (1 week, Aug 21, 1993)

Tracks: The CD is unforgivably short: 12 tracks, 36 minutes. The highlights are:
  • A Kiss To Build A Dream On, performed by Louis Armstrong
  • In The Wee Small Hours Of The Morning, performed by Carly Simon
  • Bye Bye Blackbird, performed by Joe Cocker
  • A Wink And A Smile, performed by Harry Connick, Jr.
You'll recognize the remaining tracks, but they don't do anything for me. By all means, skip the final track, an otherwise decent arrangement of When I Fall In Love destroyed by Celine Dion's caterwauling.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: I have no idea why I bought this CD nor why it has remained in my collection. Maybe, deep down, I'm a hopeless romantic? That's crazy talk.

1 comment:

  1. This made me laugh! Thanks for a funny start to my morning.

    ReplyDelete