Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Friday, July 1, 2016

Dixie Chicks - Home (2002)


"MY WIFE BOUGHT WHAT?!?" FORTNIGHT* (JULY 1-14, 2016)

I'm admittedly not a country music fan and while these girls are from Texas, there's not much I can find to like here. While I enjoy violins, when you take the same instrument and call it a fiddle, I'll take a hard pass (my aversion to such dates back to a childhood square-dancing trauma). I'm not saying it's a bad album - metacritic rates it at 75 and it won the Grammy award for Best Country Album - just not my thing.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: #1 (4 non-consecutive weeks)
Peak on the US Billboard Country Album chart: #1 (19 non-consecutive weeks)

Tracks: Around 2002, my wife usually bought a CD for one track she'd heard on the radio and liked. I can't pick which one that would be with any certainty, but if I had to guess, I'd pick the cover of Stevie Nicks' Landslide. The best written song IMO is A Home.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: Nope.



*I recently unearthed a CD carry case that my wife used to carry in one or more of our three former minivans. This month, in the spirit of this blog's mission, I'll be listening to that case's contents.

No comments:

Post a Comment