Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

The Very Best of Rod Stewart (2001)


I'm not much for Rod's voice or song selection, but every now and then he'd release something I would enjoy. He's a staple of the classic rock radio format, so I get more than enough of him through that medium, but here we go anyhoo.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: #40

Tracks: Of the 16 tracks here, the ones that normally don't send me scrambling for the skip button, in order of preference:
  1. Young Turks
  2. Do Ya Think I'm Sexy
  3. Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright)
  4. Some Guys Have All The Luck
  5. Hot Legs
Prior to this compilation's release, Stewart had 34 singles hit the Top 40, including all 16 tracks on this CD. However, two of my favorite Stewart tunes, Infatuation (#6, 1984) and Passion (#5, 1980) didn't make the cut so I call shenanigans on the CD title. Also missing is the #1 hit All For Love (a trio with Sting and Bryan Adams) but I don't mind its absence.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: None

No comments:

Post a Comment