Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Friday, July 3, 2015

Randy Crawford - Best of (1996)


GREATEST HITS WEEK (JUNE 29 - JULY 5, 2015)

Crawford's voice has more than its share of passion, emotion, and versatility plus she surrounds herself with great musicians. She moves with ease between genres - R&B to funk to soul to jazz. Like many people, I came to Crawford through her vocals on The Crusaders' Top 40 single, Street Life, and her contributions to the Casino Lights compilation, but even then that wasn't until the '90s. Lots of covers here, some hit, some don't (want a quiet storm cover of a Journey tune? It's here). Because of material (not performances), it's only a good album, not a great one, but most of the tunes would fit in nicely in an Al Jarreau - Anita Baker - George Benson mix/shuffle/playlist.

No liner notes beyond basic credits. Below, I've marked my favorites with a ✔ and tracks I skip with a ✘.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: Did not chart

Tracks:  14 tracks, 66 minutes.

TitleYearPop
Give Me The Night (Chill Night Remix)1995
✔
Street Life (Edit)197936✔
One Hello1982

Imagine1982

Who's Crying Now1992
✘
When I Lose My Way1981

Knockin' On Heaven's Door1989
✘
Rio De Janeiro Blue1981

Cajun Moon1995
✔
Your Precious Love1982
✔
Last Night at Danceland1980

Same Old Story (Same Old Song)1980

In My Life1993

Everything Must Change1976


Personal Memory Associated with this CD:  None

No comments:

Post a Comment