Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Amy Winehouse - Back to Black (2006)


Yeah, I'm not drinking the Kool-Aid on this one. The Dap-Kings did the best they could with the weak, derivative material. It's not very good but I guess it was different enough to fool the public into thinking it was. Go listen to Jo Stance or Sharon Jones instead.

Update: In its 2020 list of The 500 Greatest Albums of All Time, Rolling Stone ranked Back To Black at #33. So whatta I know?

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: #2

Tracks:  I'll pick Rehab as the best track if you need one.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: None

No comments:

Post a Comment