Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Friday, January 31, 2014

Najee - Rising Sun (2007)


One of the smooth jazzer's stronger releases. As with most Najee albums, I prefer the tracks with saxophone over those where he plays flute. Don't get me wrong, he's a fine flautist, I just don't particularly care for that sound, especially when compared to his soprano sax sound (which improves with each outing). Not as many ballads on this one, which may be why I like it a little better than his earlier stuff.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart:  Did not chart

Tracks:  My top picks are Clarity (a John Mayer cover), Brazilian Affair, Out Of A Dream, and Still In Love. Even the take on the standard Moody's Mood For Love is good. The only track I'm tempted to skip is Romance The Night.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: None

Previously revisited for the blog:
Morning Tenderness (1998)
Najee Plays Songs From The Key Of Life (1995)
Share My World (1994)
Just An Illusion (1992)
Najee's Theme (1986)

No comments:

Post a Comment