Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Brian Simpson - It's All Good (2005)


A good album to turn to for some relaxing, tasteful piano-based smooth jazz. Simpson is as talented a composer as he is a performer. He has performed with a number of smooth jazz, pop, and R&B artists (George Duke, Janet Jackson, etc.) and seems to have taken their better qualities to form his own style. One of those rare smooth jazz discs that stands up to active listening in addition to being perfect music for your next cocktail party. I really like the slower tracks; I have no idea why I haven't purchased additional Simpson discs.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: Did not chart

Tracks:  This disc lives up to its title - I don't skip any tracks. My faves are the title track, Twilight, Waiting, and I Remember When.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD:  I was unfamiliar with Simpson until I heard him play in support of saxophonist Kirk Whalum (Simpson played in Whalum's band, as well). I liked Simpson's set enough to purchase this CD not long after. If the purpose of touring is to promote album sales, then mission accomplished.


No comments:

Post a Comment