Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Russ Freeman & The Rippingtons - Brave New World (1996)


I normally enjoy smooth jazz, but there's something about this CD that I don't like. I don't know if it's the songwriting, the playing, or the production. Maybe it's the fact that the liner notes list credits for make-up, stylist, and hairstyling. Quite frankly, I'm not interested enough to try to figure it out.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: Did not chart

Tracks: The only decent track IMO is First Time I Saw Her. I'll pass on the others. Particularly offensive are the three cover tunes, including a severe beating of While My Guitar Gently Weeps.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: After hearing about this band for years, I finally took a chance on this group in 2005 when I picked up this CD for $5.98 in a used bin. Win some, lose some.

No comments:

Post a Comment