Since September 2010, this blog has recorded the journey of this music junkie as I attempt to listen to all the music in my CD collection. CDs revisited in their entirety from start to finish - no skipping tracks, no shuffle. Compact Discs only - no vinyl, no tapes, no files.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Dave Matthews Band - Big Whiskey and the GrooGrux King (2009)


The last DMB CD I purchased and, by that, I mean it will be the last DMB CD I purchase. I either love or hate the band's songs, which wouldn't be a problem if I loved more of the songs and hated less of them. As it is, with the possible exceptions of Stand Up or Everyday, I usually only enjoy about ⅓ of each album. So I think it's time to end this love/hate relationship. I hope we can still be friends, Dave.

Metacritic has the album ranked at a 67 out of a possible 100.

Peak on the US Billboard Top 200 chart: #1 (1 week, June 20, 2009)

Tracks: The ⅓ of this disc that I like are the songs Shake Me Like A Monkey, Why I Am, Squirm, and Seven.

Personal Memory Associated with this CD: None

Previously revisited for the blog:
Weekend on the Rocks (2005)
Stand Up (2005)
Live at Folsom Field, Boulder, Colorado (2002)
Everyday (2001)
w/Tim Reynolds - Live At Luther College (1999)
Before These Crowded Streets (1998)
Crash (1996)

No comments:

Post a Comment